The WEO vision is to increase the understanding, utilization and impact of time and labor management systems by providing education, certification, research and collaboration so that employer and workers can benefit and improve operationally, strategically and financially. The WEO vision includes improvements that are designed to directly impact workers and their families, including work-life balance, fatigue management, the employment of people with disabilities, providing schedule flexibility and stability for hourly workers and building financial strength for employers so they can sustain and grow their workforce and employ more diverse and satisfied individuals.
WEO Mission Statement:
WEO will develop and promote a body of knowledge and best practices based on academic and industry research. Combining empirical evidence and thought leadership the Organization will create a professional Certification to serve as a recognized standard of knowledge and competency as demonstrated through training, examination and practical application exercises.
WEO’s efforts will address the core principles and business problems affecting employers regardless of industry, market/location, size, or type of business. Where there is no well-developed management strategy or scientific study to support methodologies, the Workforce Educational Organization plans to fund research and build a repository of academic and industry case studies and groundbreaking models for workforce management through the use of technology. Long term, the Organization will become the preeminent institution in this industry, where thought leaders and university researchers, software developers, device manufacturers, policy makers, regulators, consultants/practitioners and employers, can go to contribute, data mine, collaborate, learn and promote workforce management core principles and best practices.
The Workforce Educational Organization intends to further advance the industry by making research and feedback from employers available to technology developers and implementers for incorporation into product and service delivery development.
- Establish standards for Workforce Management Professionals by developing a “Book of Knowledge”, or knowledge base, for the industry.
- Collect and disseminate the latest research and case study material that explains best use of technology, planning, compliance, and return on investment techniques.
- Institute a recognized benchmark for the required knowledge and competency to become certified as a Workforce Asset Management Professional. The benchmark will consistent of an examination and practical application exercises or projects that are evaluated by peers in the workforce management industry.
- Promote the Certification as the preferred standard of professional training, experience and education for professionals who work with workforce management systems and business processes.
- Provide continuing education as technology and management strategies evolve.
- Demonstrate a career commitment to the domain of workforce management.
- Increase engagement of employers in participating in industry events (e.g. conferences, training events, research/case study, etc.) focused on time and labor management.
The objectives of the WEO include workplace practices that improve fairness and transparency, give workers schedule predictability and job stability, and use technology to empower employees and move towards greater work-life balance. The WEO will also work closely with policy makers to align the technologies and education programs to support programs to increase full employment in all sectors for workers of all types.
Additionally, the WEO will advocate for appropriate and manageable regulations and to support practices and systems that are mutually beneficial to employers and workers. To do so, a cornerstone of the WEO’s mission is to provide an accredited certification program for professionals in time and labor management technology.
It is the goal of the WEO Workforce Asset Management Certification program to provide a high standard to which businesses can turn confidently and know that individuals possessing this certification can truly transform their organization, recognizing that any organization’s largest expense is employee compensation and employee productivity. Along with the Book of Knowledge and the Certification, the WEO become the focal point for the industry. This isn’t just about the technology – but building a place for people to go to learn the fundamentals of good workforce management.