The new Workforce Asset Management Professional Certification:
GET CERTIFIED BE RECOGNIZED WORK SMART
MOVE AHEAD OF THE REST
What is the WAM Professional Certification?
What is the WAM Master Certification?
Why get certified? Benefits:
The Workforce Educational Organization has engaged the Donath Group, Inc. the premier test development consulting firm helping organizations design, develop, manage and administer certification and assessment programs. Since 1990 the Donath Group has supported the development of the industry’s most awarded certification programs. The Donath Group’s consultants and experts in psychometrics will ensure that the Workforce Asset Management testing is of the highest quality. The Workforce Educational Organization will offer two levels of certification: WAM-Professional and WAM-Master. Professionals and Masters who successfully complete the curriculum will receive a certification that is effective for three years and maintained by submitting four qualified Continuing Education Unit credits each year. Recertification (exam and project) is required every 10 years to demonstrate competency and active practitioner skills related to the latest technologies.
WHAT IS THE WAM-P CERTIFICATION?
The WAM-Professional (WAM-P) certification uses The Workforce Asset (People and Technology) Management Body of Knowledge (WAMBOK) to establish the core principles and standards of performance for professionals who work with workforce management systems and business practices. The material is vendor and product neutral and focuses on the fundamentals of technology and process as related to the areas of timekeeping, labor scheduling, attendance management, and labor data analytics. This certification typically requires eight, 2-hour training sessions and successful completion of the certification exam to demonstrate mastery of the course materials and proficiency in applying workforce asset management principles in the workplace..
WHAT IS THE WAM-M CERTIFICATION?
The second level of certification is the WAM-Master (WAM-M) Certification, which requires designated Continuing Education Unit courses and completion of a thesis-like project to demonstrate accomplishments in the field..
WHY GET CERTIFIED?
Benefits of becoming a Certified Workforce Asset Management Professional:
- Credibility: Increase your value to the organization from WAM knowledge
- Compensation: Certified professionals earn more
- Competitive Edge: Employers who manage the workforce intelligently positively impact the bottom line and operational outcomes
- Promotion: Proven competency through examination and application - expand and accelerate your career path
- Networking: Align yourself and your organization with other trained leaders in the industry. Learn, adopt and improve
- Resources: Ability to reasonably prove the ROI in securing up to date technology, thereby increasing your ability to obtain budget approval for new and improved systems
- Job Satisfaction: Overcome the constraints of a strictly tactical position – get strategic and enjoy the impact you can have
- The Evolution of Workforce Management Technology
Principle Areas of Workforce Asset Management
- Timekeeping * Specific subsection contents are proprietary
- Integration and Data Management
- Platform Options
- Labor Analytics
- Planning for Return on Investment
- Vendor and Product Selection
- Project Guidelines
- Deployment Models
- Training and Execution Strategies
- Ongoing System Support
- Guide for your Workforce Asset Management Certification Project
Workforce Asset Management certification course materials include:
- The WAMBOK – the Workforce Asset Management Body of Knowledge is the official Study Guide for the WAM Professional certification exam and project.
- No Boundaries- How to use time and labor management technology to win the race for profits and productivity (Wiley Publishing, 2009)
- The New HR Analytics (Amazon 2010) (optional – for use with projects)
- Exam Practice Guides
- Training classes and seminars
- Case Studies
Every WAM applicant is responsible for completing a pre-approved project involving some aspect of workforce management. Much like a college level independent study or graduate thesis or Six Sigma the WAM-P candidate will submit an outline to the WAM Certification Committee for approval before embarking upon the project. The project will account for 15% of the Certification grade.
Project examples: Accounting for flex schedules and their impact on the attendance, overtime and retention; Integration of an ERP system with the labor management system for improved reporting; modification of timecard setup for improved auditing, accuracy and compliance; redesign of timekeeping and scheduling policy and procedures to reduce labor cost and manual processes.
The WAM exam will be a combination of online questions, oral interview, and project completion. Certification is effective for 3 years. Certified professionals may maintain their currency by submitting 4 qualified Continuing Education Unit credits each year. Recertification (exam and project) is required every ten years to demonstrate competency and active practitioner skills related to the latest technologies.